Saturday was a busy day for me.
Completed a list composed of acquiring a holiday card for my dealer, buying fun little stickers to slap on my domestic holiday cards, one of the stickers had to be attached my laptop's cover, sent off my foreign holiday cards to Scotland, South Korea, and the United Kingdom, acquired a gift bag and tissue for my support group's Yankee Swap on Tuesday, wrapped those gifts as well, and had a loverly breakfast down at the Blue Swan.
Also my foot hurt like a motherfucker. Walking unshod is the worst. Wearing my sneakers is barely bearable. I decided it was time to visit the urgent care in hopes of relief. Fortunately I still had a bandana in my car along with a paper mask, since medical outlets are still strict about masking up regardless of one's vaccination status. I hoofed it to Toms River to my usual urgent care hoping it wouldn't take long and paperwork would be at a minimum, not to mention a small semblance of comfort of familiarity for me. I arrived at 12:30-ish, filled out paperwork because it'd been a year and a half since my last visit and learned there was a 2-3 hour wait.


I went back in my car and napped with the window open. Goodness gracious, late autumn is a glorious season and I'm hoping the winter will be a good one. There's a certain je ne sais quois when the air carries the promise of solid, cold weather. One surprising fact about Bloomfield is they know the smell of snow, mentioning how they felt it while letting out the dogs at some ungodly hour of the morning. This is a Good Thing in my book.
Wound up having a brief chat with Bloomfield and everything is good on their end. Around 3:30-ish I was called to come back into the office for my examination. Nothing was broken, since Bloomfield wondered if it could be a hairline fracture, but the x-rays showed I have a heel spur and need to visit an orthopedist or podiatrist to address the issue before it becomes untenable. My issue is clearly from inflamed tendons, whether the Achilles or the plantar tendon. They prescribed me with prednisone and sent me limping on my merry way. By the time I was out the door, my usual pharmacy was closed for the day. On the bright side, my immobilization boot arrived a day early and I'm giving it a whirl. I'm pleased this sucker isn't just for sleep, but also walking around the house or going outside to do some chores.

Go me.

I played some Stardew Valley at home. Spring arrived and I'm getting the farm back in order. Despite all the snow from the winter, the ground underneath was a mess with fallen pieces of wood, more stones, and more patches of grass. The fruit trees are growing and I'm working hard to ensure their area is clear of debris 'til they're fully grown. Planted five more maples and crafted 5 more tappers since maple syrup appears to be a money-maker. Plus gathering syrup happens year-round on the farm!
After that I set up my nephew's Minecraft server since Mojang finally completed the second half of the Caves and Cliffs update despite the fact it lacks the Warden and important bits of the "deep dark". I found a good seed, but I completely forgot everything about how to set up a new world on the host yet I was fortunate the random seed was good. It's a taiga biome and in the midst of some very tall hills. Before the Caves and Cliffs update the sky's limit was 128 blocks. Now it's doubled and terrain generation takes full advantage of the new available space.

Here's hoping tomorrow's steroids grant me relief so I can get on with my life and not be so damned grumpy.

Valid xHTML Transitional!